Babblings

Please proceed with caution. Hazards may lie ahead. Some material may not be suitable for children. Viewer discretion is advised. Please follow the "Netiquette" hyperlink (just below here and to the right) for some notes on the customs of this blog.

7/19/2005

Run Hillary, Run

A while back, I was sent the text to a speech given by John Gaddis, a Professor at Yale University. The speech was delivered at Middlebury College, and it's sort of long, but absolutely worth the read. I did not want to clog the blog with the full text, so I have made it available by clicking here.

I have included a few excerpts below, but I really feel it is important to read the entire speech to get the full impact of what is to follow. Trust me; it's worth it.

"It is a matter of public record that I did, on January 10th, attend a meeting at the White House at which several journalists and academics were invited to discuss the course of our Middle Eastern policies over the next four years - together with what the President should say in his upcoming inaugural address."

"In the interests of full disclosure, I can confirm that I paid my own way down and back, plus taxi and hotel accommodations. I did not attend under an alias. I did, however, accept lunch with the group in the White House mess. And, at the suggestion of Mr. Rove, I consumed a dessert listed on the menu as a "chocolate freedom tart." Prior to the United Nations debate over the invasion of Iraq, I understand, this dessert had a French name."

"I did indeed meet with Condi and the NSC staff in mid-July for a lively discussion of points made in the book and possible future directions for the administration's grand strategy."

"There followed a twenty minute conversation with Bush asking all the questions. After which we found, cooling their heels outside, Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, Under-Secretary of Defense Wolfowitz, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Myers. 'This is Professor Gaddis,' the President said, waving the book at them. 'I want you all to read his book.'"


Here's your last chance to read the full speech: CLICK HERE

This speech spawned an email exchange between a good friend, and mentor, known to us as RHR (aka Run Hillary, Run). This is his chosen pseudonym, as he fears retaliation from flaming Liberals.

He really does not desire to read about himself in the NRA’s America’s First Freedom magazine column, The Armed Citizen:

"Armed Citizen shoots Liberal whiner trying to peel GWB sticker off the back of his gas guzzling, American made, environment destroying, SUV while parked on his own property"



BTW, this column has been turned into a TV show called Crime Strike. Call your local bube tube provision company and demand that they air this show.

Anyway, here’s what we had to say about Professor Gaddis’ speech:

From: RHR
Subject: Re: The Past and Future of American Grand Strategy
Date: June 13, 2005 06:15:12 AM PDT
To: Henry

Got it Henry. I read it last night. It is a good and accurate perception of Bush's leadership and foreign policy.

I really do think that history will remember him as the man who stood up for freedom when no one else would.

People hate him because he does what he says, does not waver and does not govern by polls.

I am just wondering who the rising star in the Republican party is that will clean Hillary's clock.

McCain (although not the man Bush is) and Condi ticket would be the one I think.

-RHR



From: Henry
Subject: Re: The Past and Future of American Grand Strategy
Date: June 13, 2005 07:50:24 AM PDT
To: RHR

RHR,

Glad you enjoyed it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Colin Powell take the helm for a while. However, I just don't think the American public is ready for a black, er, I mean African-American, president. (Can someone tell me when Colin Powell lived in Africa?) The Republicans should run Colin and Condi for the one-two punch. We might even be able to soak up the idiot vote from the Libs and Dems; in their rush to vote PC, they might forget that a black man and black woman could be conservative Republicans. LOL

Have you seen the Jib Jab cartoons? Check this old one out:


Godzillary

You can also surf around and find some other good ones. Look for one called "The Founding Fathers". Be sure to click all the levers and "scratch" the turntables on the sound board....

Enjoy,

Henry



From: RHR
Subject: Re: The Past and Future of American Grand Strategy
Date: June 13, 2005 08:21:33 AM PDT
To: Henry

I agree. But it sounds like CP is done with Politics but who knows.. Imagine: "Colin and Condi 2008"!!

I do think that middle America could carry the race and the majority are ready for a bit of a shift back toward the center. Colin is more of a centrist, while Condi still holds a solid conservative base. We could carry the black vote and rub the faces of the Dems right in their own shit. Imagine us being able to cry racism every time the Dems and media attacked them! Barbara Boxer would not know how to act...

The election would truly be an issue oriented one.

Either way, I think one of the two, if not both would make a strong ticket.

-RHR



ROFL This stuff is hilarious!

What do you all think?

The comment lines are now open!

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2005 2:42 PM, Blogger Don said...

I think this is your best post yet Henry!

Now we can gear up for the certain liberal bashing that Bush's Supreme Court Nominee will receive.

He announces tonite at 6pm.

I have it on very good word that Karl Rove (aka Bush's brain) has brainwashed him into selecting Hillary for Supreme Court knowing that she would accept it thereby destroying the democratic chances in 2008.

Then, some right wing NRA wacko elimimates her, and she is made the martyr of the democratic party and the Clinton legacy changes from one of fellatio, cigars and hating the military to having a holiday named after her.

I get another paid day off of work and we all live happily ever after.

How's that for strategy?

Run Hillary RUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!

 
At July 22, 2005 9:49 AM, Blogger Michael Tiguar said...

I say that if Henry and his friends are conservative Republicans, that's on them. I feel that, being in posession of a mind, I really have no choice but to be a liberal Democrat. I would also consider being a Green. If you really want to know where I stand politically, think Kucinich. I personally do not vote "PC" as you put it, but it is true that some might given the opportunity. Just so you know, we get west coast channels from our sattelite, and I refer to Barbara Boxer as "the one with the brain."

As an aside, some of you may find this profoundly disturbing, but same-sex marriage is now legal nationwide in Canada.

 
At August 06, 2005 4:47 PM, Blogger Preston said...

Uhh, I hate to say it, but I think we got a little side tracked. I don't seem to recall any mention of God, churches, religion, or anything like that in Prof. Gaddis' speech. I really don't mind Liberals bashing Liberals, but make sure you're bashing for the right reasons.

He did mention morals, but I think we can all agree upon certain moral principles, i.e. terrorism, murder, stealing, rape, etc... Since it seemed to be predominantly about foreign grand strategy, I just didn't see it as being oriented around the same moral dilemmas some of you seem to be focusing on.

Given that, what I feel Prof. Gaddis (a Liberal) meant by "faith-based initiative" is that the grand strategy needs the faith of the people to succeed. Or, something along the lines of having faith in the moral judgements of our leaders.

There will never be a leader that all the people agree with; this is what a majority based democracy is for. Implicit in this system is that we don't have to agree with what the leaders do, and we have the right to vote them out of office, if we can.

But, what do I know? I'm mentally ill!

=8-P

And the worms ate into his brain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home