Babblings

Please proceed with caution. Hazards may lie ahead. Some material may not be suitable for children. Viewer discretion is advised. Please follow the "Netiquette" hyperlink (just below here and to the right) for some notes on the customs of this blog.

8/20/2005

Looks Like Rain

For those unable to hear the background sound, please use the button:

Well, the wife left for 2 weeks this morning. She was supposed to wake me up before she left, but I guess with my sleep pattern improving recently, it was not an easy task to roust me at 3:30 AM. It kind of freaked me out at 6:30 AM to wake up with her gone.

I had to miss this trip: It's a ladies' outing. She went with her mother, and they are meeting up with my mother in the City of Sewage Canals, Venice. They will be staying there for a week. Afterwards, they will be heading south for a visit to the Papal HQ, Rome. They will return after a second week.

What does this all mean for me?

Well, some things will be easier: I can eat when I want , sleep when I want, and I can even bathe when I want. On the other hand, some things will be harder: I won't be leaving the house as much, I'll be checking the door locks much more frequently, and I'll probably screen more calls.

I guess I'm just marvelling at the knowledge that my life is so entwined with another's.

Fretta domestica. Ti amo, bella!

©2005 hpb©reations

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2005 11:03 PM, Blogger Rob said...

I take it that you're not used to this single for awhile, Henry. I've had the experience for the last 15 years. Edith is from Mexico and every year we go there to visit with her relatives. Being that I can scrape at the most 2 weeks from work, while previously she had what time the kids had off from school (now she works at a hospital, so this has changed), we'd be together 2 weeks out of the 3 months she and our boys were there. To me, more than beng single I feel like I've suddenly become a widower, sigh. The first days it's weird coming home to an empty nest, though those few first days I relish the quiet (no kids fighting, nor pa' tell Jordan to stop bothering me, I will if he stops calling me names, nor rob, call the landlady and tell her that her house is falling apart, it's 3am, when are you coming to bed???), but then, it's simple loneliness. It helps to know that it is not permanent, and phone calls 3 or 4 a week. Anyway, I always get to say g'bye... I take the bags out to the cab. It has always amazed me how short a time we take to get used to being with another being sharing the ride, and how long it takes to get used to being alone. Incredible that life gives us the chance to share part of our paths, entwining for a while our destinies. Enjoy it as much as you can, await her sweet return, and if need be, give me a holler ... I'm just an e-mail away...

 
At August 20, 2005 11:41 PM, Blogger Preston said...

The wife goes on short trips here and there, but this is the longest we've been apart in years.

Yes, there's some good in all of this, and I'm trying not to torment myself too much over the lonliness. I'll be around in Blogo-world, and I thank you for the kind overture. I will keep it in mind.

 
At August 21, 2005 7:10 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Henry:

I can imagine how you feel--BG and I are pretty inseparable. The only glitch is that he is usually very prompt, and when we would schedule to meet up after being apart for a few hours or whatever, if he was even a minute late I'd imagine all sorts of horrible calamities. That's the "downside" of being so entwined with another, I guess--but anyway, I don't have much experience being alone. I'd always welcome your e-mails as well, btw.

 
At August 26, 2005 12:06 AM, Blogger Preston said...

It's ok.

I've spent a lot of time alone, it's just been a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home